Hello! I’m Elaine
MY LIFE EXPERIENCE THAT HAS ENHANCED MY ROLE AS A COUNSELLOR
I have worked within the Private, Public and Voluntary Sectors during my working career supporting many Individuals in a range of different working spaces and environments.
I have always been interested in people and started an Introduction to Counselling Course way back whilst living in Cambridge in 2002. Then my circumstances changed giving me the opportunity to work and volunteer in Basel, Switzerland for 6 years and Texas, USA for 2 years. I am a passionate believer in Life Long Learning and studied as a mature student with the Open University. In the future I am planning to study in the understanding of neuro-diversity at Masters level.
Returning to the UK, I followed my passion and after further study became a fully trained Counsellor. I have worked for Relate as a trained Relationship Counsellor since 2015, and have amassed over 2,400+ hours working with adult couples and individuals of all ages.
My Approach & Values:
- Psychodynamic and systemic theoretical perspectives and human sexuality relating to relationships
- Ethical frameworks and practice
- Therapeutic and specialist skills in working with relationship issues and context
- Reflexivity and the use of self
- Bacp Certificate of Proficiency
- Relate cpcab Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Relate cpcab Level 4 Introduction to Relationship Counselling
- Professional Therapeutic Counselling Left 4 ncfe Distinction
- BSc (Hons) Social Sciences with Geography & Politics
- I am a Registered Member of Bacp and follow their Code of Ethics.
- I receive regular clinical supervision.
- I am very aware of the importance of Gender Diversity and Inclusion.
- I can offer short-term work agree for a certain number of sessions, or on an open-ended basis.
Training & Continual Professional Development
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Couples and Sex Addiction
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Awareness & Safety
- Domestic Violence & Assessment & Intervention
- Gender & Sexual Diversity
- Impact of Addiction on Families
- Internet Online Safety
- LGBTQ+ Awareness/Knowledge
- Mental Health Awareness
- Military Mindset Training
- Narrative Therapy
- Relationships & Mental Health
- Safeguarding/De-escalation and Boundaries
- Sexual Violence and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Understanding & Recognising Sex Addiction
- Working with Anger & Rage
- Working with Grief following sudden and Traumatic Death
I Work With Individuals & Couples
Coming for individual therapy allows you to have a space just for you. A space where you can explore and be curious about you. I will endeavour to make sure that I am the right counsellor for you and to sit by your side in your counselling journey.
Having time to reflect on your own behaviour within a couple is important. To really listen is hard and to really start hearing one another is the start of an amazing onward journey together as a couple.
Social, historical, economic, environmental and political events all impact and shape our lives. Whatever your gender, ethnicity, seen or unseen disability, race, sexual identity, religious and spiritual belief or none, I will listen to you with empathy, kindness, respect and understanding..